08-14 Aug Update
v0.5.4866 / 14 Aug 2023
- Seat element released in beta💺
- ⚡ The Rules section now works better (around 5x speed improvement). The list of elements in dropdowns is now ordered according the Structure Panel.
Here's a before vs. after comparison when scrolling the Rules UI:
- Idle animations of Avatars improved.🧍♂
- There are a few issues in some animations in female avatar. Changes were made to help fix that in the coming few days.🧍♀
- 🛠️ Japanese translations in screenshare and multiplayer mode (when "Japanese" is selected as "Viewer UI Language" from Settings.
- 📈 The project body that gets sent to viewer is now being optimized before it is sent. Any non-reachable scenes, disabled rules etc. are first removed from the project before sending it to the viewer to save network bandwidth.
- The right bar Structure Panel tree now works slightly better during drag-drop operations.🎋
- A new property "Background" added to Audio elements. Checking "Background" on an audio element loads it differently (using html5 audio). Background audios:🎼
- Take lesser memory (important if you are building for iOS)
- Have a limitation on iOS that they can't perform volume changes using rules, and only work at volume 100% (so bake in the low volume into the audio in case you want lower volume)
- 💾 Code optimizations done to reduce memory usage.
- 🎯 Copying (ctrl-c, ctrl-v) scenes across projects now also copies variables that were referenced in the rules for that scene. (Note: global variables are not copied over).
- 📱 There were certain menu entries in some project that didn't link to any scenes. This is now fixed - the ghost menu entries should go away on their own the next time you open the editor.
- 📋 Duplicating large projects across workspaces no longer fails. There was a log limit that was being reached for large projects.
- 🛠️ Rules for audios used to get applied on audios twice. This had no impact on functioning, but used up more memory.
- 📝 Two experimental flags:
use_html5_audio=true: html5 is a new internal audio format for GMetri that uses lesser memory. It has a limitation that it's volume can't be anything other than full (100) and its volume can't be changed by rules. All audios that have 100 volume and don't have any volume rules on them automatically become html5 audios when this flag is passed.
ios_mute_videos=true: Mutes all videos & removes mute/unmute rules. iOS automatically pauses some GMetri experiences containing audios and videos. This helps prevent that by muting all videos & removing mute/unmute rules.