3D Model Optimizations
- The model should be scaled to real life sizes and the origin point should be at the center of the model before exporting.
- For the model to be efficient, the poly count should be kept as low as possible. All the textures exported should go through a compression pass using online compressor tinypng.com or similar.
- Lower the size of the model, the better would be the loading speed.
- Ensure the number of vertices/triangles/polygons is as low as possible.
- Ensure textures are compressed
- Bake the textures into the model. Keep textures less than 4k resolution.
Recommended Max Triangles Count
Recommended Max File Size
The above recommendation is for the whole scene. This is, less than 50k triangles, 50MB file size in total for a scene (i.e. the sum of all triangles/file sizes for all 3D Models in a scene).
This is workflow we recommend. https://sketchfab.com/blogs/community/sketchfab-archvis-workflow-based-on-vray-baked-textures/
- Decide to combine all objects or do them as individual objects
- Texture your model correctly with properly unwrapped UVs - no overlaps
- Setup good lighting and test it in quick render modes
- Bake and export textures