How many people can enter the Metaverse at the same time?
In these experiences, you don't see each other. There's virtually no limit to the number of people you can get in these experiences. However, we would recommend let us know in case you are planning to host an event with >50,000 concurrent users.
In these experiences, you can see each other, and interact with each other. You need this mode to be able to use anycollaboration feature.
You can circumvent this limit, and support up to 60,000 people per room by using Room Instancing, where we create copies of room (maximum 2000 instances) and allow max 30 people per instance of the room.
You can have a maximum of 30 people in a room at a given time. You can allow multiple instances of a room (maximum 2000 instances) - so you have have multiple sets of 30 people in copies of the room.
If you get more than say 20 people (the Room Limit) in a room, we create another replica (instance) of the room, and the 21st to 40th person enter this new room copy (or instance). You can control these settings from the "Room Limits" tab in the Collaboration section.
- Room Capacity (max 30): the maximum number of viewers allowed in one room replica
- Number of Instances (max 2000): the maximum number of room replicas that can be created
- Overspill Message: If there is someone attending the meeting outside of these limited seats, that viewer will receive this message.
In Multiplayer mode, when you have too many people trying to access the same link at the same time, it results in two problems:
- 1.Bandwidth: Slower speeds for everyone involved. This is because each device has to share the link's bandwidth with all of the other devices.
- 2.Spatial: how many people can you fit in a room? If you put 50 people in a room, all you would see are other people bumping into each other.